The National Means-cum-Merit scholarship scheme or NMMS has been decided to continue by the Government of India . In which a total of 14 lakh 76 thousand students belonging to the Economically Weaker Sections (EWS) category will get a financial award of INR 12,000 per year. The important issue of dropping-out of school is being addressed through this scheme.
NMMS – Details Of Scheme
- The scheme aims to provide financial assistance of INR 12,000 every year to 14.76 lakh meritorious students (EWS Category )
- The total budget for this scheme is INR 1,827 crore.
National Means-cum-Merit scholarship – Eligibility
The following are the eligible conditions for this scheme –
- Candidates must take up studies on a full-time basis.
- Candidates must not absent themselves without proper leaves.
- Candidates must not take up any job while studying.
- Candidates must take up studies in approved courses.
- Candidates must maintain good conduct as certified by the head of the college/institution and continue their studies as regular students in a government/government-aided local body or school.
Regarding the disbursement of scholarship- the Selected candidates will be required to open bank accounts preferably in SBI, or any other public sector bank or any scheduled bank which has a core banking facility. The awardees are entitled to get a minimum of 55% marks in Classes 9 and 11 and a minimum of 60% marks in Class 10 for continuance of scholarship in next higher classes. SBI will instruct some of its branches to coordinate with the state education department in connection with the payment of scholarships.
If you require more details or have any question you can leave below in the comment box .