The University Grants Commission (UGC), has recently presented its scheme for all the female students in India. Under this scheme, single girl children in small families can avail INR 36,200 as a scholarship amount for their education purpose.
The main objective of this scholarship is to support the education of single girl children belonging to families where the annual income is very low. The scheme provides support for the postgraduate education of these girls.
UGC Scholarship 2021 – Eligibility
- The key eligibility requirements for this scholarship scheme are given below –
- Female students pursuing post graduation through distance education are not eligible.
- The applicant must be the only daughter of her parents.
- The applicants will not be considered eligible for this scholarship if she has siblings
- Applicant’s age should not be more than 30 years at the time of application.
- Identical twin children can apply for the scholarship.
- Only single girls pursuing PG courses can apply for this scheme.
UGC Scholarship 2021 – Scholarship Amount and Its Duration
The Scholarship scheme for single girl children is available for selected girl students for a period of 2 years. Under this scheme , the girls will be selected based on their merit and will be given INR 3,000 every month for two years.
Where to Apply and Important things to Know .
The applicants can apply by visiting the official website – https://scholarships.gov.in/. The last date to apply for this scholarship is 30 November 2021.
The applicants must have to apply form the official website only , if they apply through different source there applications will be rejected and they will also have to apply before the last date .
If you require more details or have any question you can leave below in the comment box .